Analysis of international publications on agricultural biology on the web of science database: current situation and solutions
This article is studied based on Web of Science’s database for Vietnamese authors' articles in agricultural biology; the use of scientific bibliographic measurement method which is the basis for proving that the analytical data related to quantity and quality in Vietnam's international publications from 2000-2019* is reliable. This is the first time, a complete set of data on the situation of the international publication WoS is detail analyzed for AB sector funding in different angles. The results of preliminary analysis show that the number of international publications in the agricultural biology sector in the 2000-2019 period * increased sharply from 78 publications in 2000 to 6,895 publications in 2019*. The habit of international publication has many changes in the recognition of sponsorship information. Before 2009, 84% of the publications did not state funding sources, but after 2010, this rate dropped to only 30%. International cooperation in research proves that in order to improve the quality of scientific research in Vietnam, it is necessary to have national cooperation. The research also shows that the great transformation in science and technology human resources (S&T), the participation of the National Foundation for Science and Technology Development in funding and supporting basic research activities has had many positive effects, not only does it increase the number of authors whose Vietnamese address plays a key role in international publications, but also increases the number of authors in a publication. With the results obtained, the study will be useful information proposing solutions to improve the quality of basic research funding for the SOE industry in particular and in basic research finance management in general in Vietnam.
1. Luật Khoa học và Công nghệ số 29/2013/QH13 được Quốc hội thông qua ngày 18/6/2013.
2. Thông tư số 37/2014/TT-BKHCN ngày 12/12/2014 của Bộ Khoa học và Công nghệ Quy định quản lý đề tài nghiên cứu cơ bản do Quỹ Phát triển khoa học và công nghệ Quốc gia tài trợ.
3. Bui Minh Duc, Nguyen Thi Thu Ha, Nguyen Dinh Duc, (2019). “Vai trò của nhóm nghiên cứu đối với việc công bố quốc tế trong lĩnh vực khoa học tự nhiên và kỹ thuật”. s.l.: VNU Journal of Science: Education Research.
4. Nguyễn Văn Tuấn, Phạm Thị Ly, (2013). Khoa học giáo dục Việt Nam trên trường quốc tế phân tích qua ấn phẩm khoa học 1996-2010.
5. Nguyễn Văn Tuấn, (2016). “Năng suất khoa học Việt Nam qua công bố quốc tế 2001-2015”. Tạp chí KH&CN Việt Nam, 10A, 49-54.
6. Phạm Duy Hiển, (2008). “Khoa học và đại học của Việt Nam qua các công bố gần đây”. Tạp chí Tia sáng.
7. Trần Đức Cường, Trần Trọng Hòa, Đỗ Tiến Dũng, (2018). Quỹ Phát triển khoa học và công nghệ 10 năm hình thành và phát triển.
8. Adler, R., Ewing, J., Taylor, P., (2009). “Citation Analysis”, Statistical Science, 24(1), 1-14.
9. Eugene Gafield, (1955). “Citation Indexes for Science: A New Dimension in Documentation through Association of Ideas”, Science, 122, 3159.
10. Garfield E, (2002). The impact factor [internet] Current Contents 1994 20;3-7.
11. Ho Dung Manh, (2015). Scientific publications in Vietnam as seen from Scopus during 1996-2013, Scientometrics, DOI: 10.1007/s11192-015-1655-x.
12. K. Frenken, S. Hardeman, J. Hoekman, Spatial Sceiencetometrics, (2009). “Towards a cumulative research program”. Journal of Infometrics 3 222-223.
13. King DA, (2004). “The scientific impact of nations”. Nature 430: 311-316.
14. Manh, H. D. , (2015). Scientific publications in Vietnam as seen from Scopus during 1996-2013, Scientometrics, 105(1), 83-95.
15. OECD, (1996). The Knowledge Based Economy. OECD/GD 102: 7.
16. Pham Duy Hien, (2010). A Comparative Study of Research Capacities of East Asian Coun-tries and Implication for Vietnam”, Higher Education, Springer.
17. Schmidt, R. H., (1987). A worksheet for authorship of scientific articles, Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America, 68(1), p.8-10.
18. Scopus, (2019).
19. Web of Science, 2019.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).