STI system in universities of Vietnam
Keywords:Science, technology and innovation system, STI, Universities, Research, Training, Teaching
Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) has become an important means and goal of countries for national development and international integration. The STI system not only serves as a link of different stakeholders, i.e State - Enterprise - Research Institute - University not only to make achievements in socio-economic development, but also to enhance the internal capacity of each element. In the STI system, universities and colleges play an important role because they are not just considered as a provider of high quality scientific and technological (S&T) manpower but also a nursery to incubate scientific ideas, research and development achievements before putting them into production. Through a case study of four universities: Vietnam National University, National University of Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi University of S&T and University of Thai Nguyen, the author of this paper described and assessed the status of STI activities in those universities to understand the present capacity and the role of universities in aligning their research - training - production functions in the STI system.
1. ??i h?c Qu?c gia Hà N?i. (2014) Báo cáo ho?t ??ng khoa h?c công ngh? n?m 2014, m?c tiêu phát tri?n 2015.
2. ??i h?c Qu?c gia thành ph? H? Chí Minh. (2014) Báo cáo ho?t ??ng khoa h?c công ngh? n?m 2014.
3. ??i h?c Thái Nguyên. (2014) Báo cáo ho?t ??ng khoa h?c công ngh? n?m 2014.
4. ??i h?c Bách Khoa Hà N?i. (2015) Báo cáo ho?t ??ng nghiên c?u khoa h?c giai ?o?n 2006 - 2015.
5. ?àm Quang Minh, Ph?m Th? Ly, Ph?m Hi?p. (2015) Khái ni?m ??i h?c trên th? gi?i ?ang thay ??i. K? y?u h?i th?o: ??i tho?i giáo d?c toàn c?u di?n ra t?i Seoul, Hàn Qu?c, 26/02/2015.
6. UNESCO. (1984) Manual for statistics on scientific and technological activities. ST.84/WS/12. Paris: UNESSCO.
7. OECD. (2002) Propsed standard practice for survey of research and development - Fracasti Manual
8. OECD. (2010) Ministerial report on the OECD Innovation Strategy, Innovation to strengthen growth and address global and social challenges: Key Findings
9. OECD. (2010) Performance-Based Funding for Public Research in Tertiary Education Institutions
10. Carlsson, R. Stankiewicz. (1991) On the Nature, Function, and Composition of Technological systems. Journal of Evolutionary Economics 1, pp. 93-118.
http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/asian-university-rankings/2013; 2014; 2015
11. SCImago Institutions Rankings, University Research Rankings http://www.scimagoir.com/research.php?rankingtype=research&indicator=Output&s
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).